Plan for enduring the COVID-19 Pandemic
A plan and a timeline.
If you are like me, you need a plan. I felt so confused and uncertain about even how each day would end until I sat down and marked out a timeline for the virus to run its course. There are many unknowns, but there are enough knowns to create a general outline. I recorded a video explaining that plan, and a printable document for you to hang on your wall, share with your children, and use as a guide during this very disorienting time.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY AND OTHERS
Each day new information emerges about this virus. It is now believed to be airborne, and also that you can be a carrier and have no idea or symptoms. It is critical that you wear a protective covering over your nose and mouth. This may protect you from getting sick, but most importantly, if you are sick and do not know it, will protect others.
- wear some sort of face covering/ mask at all times when out, to prevent yourself from touching your face, and at home if someone is sick,
- sanitize and wash your hands obsessively and multiple times while out, after touching anything, anyone and before entering your home, and while you are at home because soap destroys a virus,
- sanitize objects that you bring into your home, and
- stay six feet away from everyone outside of your home.
- watch my video on how to shop safely.
Source: Dr. David Price, a critical care pulmonologist caring for COVID-19 patients -Weill Cornell Hospital. He explains how not to get sick, what to do if you are sick, and how to protect yourself and family if a house member is sick. Watch The Video.