The Golden Touchpoints – 5 Most Important Touchpoints In The Customer Journey
FOR A SALE!
21 Touchpoints Now Needed Before A Sale!
How Can It Be Possible To Manage Them All?
Before diving into this subject let me take some weight off of your shoulders with one word: automation. If you are responsible for bringing in business, your day-to-day marketing tasks should be limited to just the few touchpoints that ONLY YOU can do. Everything else should be automated or delegated. O.k., let’s go!
I heard recently that it now can take 21 touchpoints in the customer journey before a purchase. This is due to the incredible speed of information turnover that we are exposed to every day through social media. When I heard this number it seemed astonishing and impossible to achieve so I sat down to create a list. The list grew to 43 common touchpoints! And there are certainly more.
Of these 43 however, not all are created equal. The touchpoints every business must have in place and kept current whether you want to or not are in the chart below. Most of these touchpoints can be automated, preset, or delegated. The touchpoints highlighted by the blue blob are the Golden Touchpoints – those that you should handle yourself, or delegate only to someone very close to the voice of your business. The Golden Touchpoints may vary slightly by organization, and we help businesses identify theirs so that they stop wasting time and money focusing on touchpoints that should just be handed to someone else.
How They Work
Here is a quick summary of how these Golden Touchpoints work together.
- Your physical presence and marketing materials are distributed
- Content & stories are shared throughout your entire digital presence.
- Online Profiles lead the audience back to your website or product page.
- Your audience connects with you via call, email, chat, Contact Form, or Opt-In.
- Nurture those potential customers through calls, emails, providing value.
- They say yes! You have a new customer!
- Follow a delivery/service process designed to care for your new customer.
- Give your customer an opportunity to review you.
- Respond to their review and feedback.
- Stay in contact with them and continue to provide value.
When you add to the number of touchpoints in your sales efforts, and stay consistent with your voice and brand at every point, you will experience a loyal customer base and increased engagement.
We want to be a part of your success. We are offering a “Golden Touchpoints” Ultimate Package in which we ensure these important elements are in place and working on a monthly basis. You can sign up for a two-hour consultation, or a full day intensive workshop. Click here to learn more!
Sales Touchpoint Automation Tools & Partners
- CRM such as Simplero, Salesforce, GitHub
- Email Marketing Tools such as MailChimp
- Online Payments Processing/Invoicing
- Website Maintenance Partner
- Reviews Management Partner
- Social Content Management Partner
- Content Creator Partner (Copywriter)
Full List Of Common Touchpoints
|4||Advertising||Online Membership Ad|
|7||Collateral||Bulletin Board / Roadside|
|16||Event||Booth at an event|
|18||Event||Speak at an event|
|19||Event||Sponsoring Event/Team, etc.|
|23||People||Face To Face Meeting|
|25||People||X||Referral/Testimonial From Client|
|26||Publication||Local Paper/Magazine Ad|
|27||Search Results||“Best Of” Article Appearance|
|28||Search||X||Search Engine Results|
|34||Store||Drive By Storefront|
Visit Store/See product on shelf
|37||Website||Website Home Page|
|39||Website||X||Website Product Page|
|41||Website||X||Website Opt-In Form|
|42||Website||X||Website Contact Form|